We are looking for someone with a passion for content creation to join our team. We are seeking an individual who is interested in producing engaging content and who can help us build our brand across a range of platforms, engage with our audience, and raise awareness of what we do and why we do it.
Please Note: The closing date for applications for this position is 11.59pm on the 24th November.
As a Content Creator at Hive, you'll play a key role in shaping our online presence. You will collaborate with our team to create captivating content that resonates with our audience.
- Content Creation: Develop engaging content for various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Community Engagement Management: Monitor and manage social media profiles, interact with our community through different channels, and respond to comments and messages
- Writing and Proofreading: Create and edit written content, including blogs, case studies and newsletters, ensuring accuracy and creativity
- Support our Marketing Team: Join our marketing meetings to discuss new ideas, plan upcoming content, and enhance our marketing efforts across a variety of activities
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Ability to create engaging content across various platforms
- Proficiency in managing social media profiles, posting updates, and engaging with the audience
- Strong communication skills ensuring all content aligns with brand guidelines, maintaining a consistent tone and messaging
- Ability to think creatively, generating innovative ideas for content and campaigns
In addition to the essential skills, having any of the following skills (Although not required) could be a bonus:
- Ability to track and measure social media analytics
- Basic video editing skills
- Desire to build and grow a brand
- Interest in trends and emerging platforms
- Passion for learning new skills
We hold these values:
- Embracing inclusivity and working together as one team
- Acting ethically and with empathy towards others
- Nurturing a love of creative problem solving
- Always finding growth and learning opportunities
- Cultivating a friendly and honest atmosphere
So if our values match yours, we would love to hear from you.
The Process of Hiring
At Hive IT, we are focused on creating an equitable and inclusive environment. To foster this, we have implemented an initial blind recruitment process that aims to reduce unconscious bias and ensure a fair selection process.
What does this mean?
Simply put, the decision-makers involved in the hiring process will only receive the skills and experiences you provide in your application, without any personal details. We will also remove any dates that may give an indication of your age (such as the years you attended an educational establishment or completed a course).
Here’s an overview of our hiring process after you submit your application:
- Personal Information storage — Our hiring managers will store any personal information solely for the duration of the recruitment process. Once the position is filled, your personal details will be removed from our database.
- Anonymised Application Review — You will need to answer the questions on our application form and submit this. It will then undergo a thorough review, during which any personal information, such as your name, email address and address, will be removed. Only the relevant sections of your application will be shared with the hiring team.
- Initial Remote Interview — If your application advances, you will be invited to an initial remote interview. Each candidate will be asked the same set of questions to ensure fairness and consistency.
- Interview outcome notification — If you are not selected for an initial interview, our team will inform you and provide relevant feedback. We believe in open communication and value your time and effort.
- Skills assessment - If you pass the initial remote interview, you will be asked to complete a skills assessment that is measured against predetermined criteria ensuring a standardised evaluation for all candidates.
- Final interview — If you pass the skills assessment, you will be invited to a final interview which may be in person in either Sheffield or Manchester.
- Offer of employment — If you are successful, we will provide you with an offer of employment letter and begin discussing suitable start dates, aiming for a timeline within four weeks.
At all stages of the recruitment process we will keep you informed of the decisions at each stage and provide feedback to you.
We expect that the entire process will be completed within six weeks from the application closing date. However, we are a small company without a dedicated hiring team, and our team members are often fully engaged in projects. While we strive to meet these timeframes, we cannot guarantee them due to operational constraints.
Please note: In order to promote fairness throughout the application process, we kindly ask candidates not to share details of the skills assessment with other applicants. Sharing such information will unfortunately result in immediate disqualification from the application process. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in maintaining the integrity of the assessment.
15-25k (FTE) per year dependent on experience (negotiable).
At Hive, we prioritise the well-being and inclusivity of our employees by providing a comprehensive and equitable benefits package. This package includes:
- 27 days of holiday (full-time equivalent) in addition to bank holidays
- Flexible working hours, with the option to work remotely, in a hybrid model, or in office
- 3% employer pension contribution
- Access to both the Westfield Health scheme and Vitality Health scheme
- Extended maternity, paternity, and dependents leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Participation in the Bike2Work scheme
- 4 company social event per year
- Free office snacks
We want to create a supportive and rewarding environment that values the diverse needs of our employees.
You should be eligible to work in the UK, and we need you to be able to travel to our Sheffield or Manchester offices (Depending on where you are based) on a regular basis. We understand the importance of work-life balance, so we offer flexible working hours and the option to work in a remote or hybrid setup and to only be in the office when it is required, which for this role we deem will be fairly regularly.
We have monthly in-person show and tells that you're welcome to attend, but there is the option to attend these remotely as well.
Additionally, we love to bring people together and organise social gatherings throughout the year. It's completely up to you whether you'd like to join in and be a part of these events. We value your unique interests and respect your personal schedule.
No agencies please.