Unity - A simple tutorial.
This is a tutorial and some general guidance information to get started with Unity.
There's not a lot of hand-holding just a practical demonstration and hopefully it will teach some of the basics of using Unity.
There is a GitHub repository to accompany it and tags at the end of important sections will be given to outline where the project should be heading. Or if it hasn't been achieved where you can go from there.
The repository is at https://github.com/jchive/unity-tutorial-coin
The final output of the project is available as a WebGL playable game at https://jchive.github.io/unity-tutorial-coin/master/
More posts in this series.
- Part 01 - Installation
- Part 02 - Concepts
- Part 03 - Navigation
- Part 04 - Git and Unity
- Part 05 - Building a project
- Part 06 - Adding some plugins
- Part 07 - Creating some objects
- Part 08 - Physics
- Part 09 - Pushing things & animation
- Part 10 - Pushing coins
- Part 11 - Custom Scripting
- Part 12 - Spawning things
- Part 13 - It is still too fast
- Part 14 - Coins are piling up
- Part 15 - Materials
- Part 16 - User control
- Part 17 - Keyboard input - Fire
- Part 18 - Keyboard input - Movement
- Part 19 - Deleting Coins
- Part 20 - Walls
- Part 21 - Adding a GUI
- Part 22 - Adding the GameController
- Part 23 - Scoring links with events
- Part 24 - Refining the Game - Part 1
- Part 25 - Refining the Game - Part 2
- Part 26 - Refining the Game - Part 3
- Part 27 - More refinements
- Part 28 - Slowing the user down
- Part 29 - Some more changes